Monday, July 18, 2011

It's not so bad

The kids left for Florida today and in preparation for that I've been trying to handle the twins by myself. I've taken over nighttime feedings so hubby can sleep at night. It's easy for me to wake up, do what needs to be done and then go back to sleep; he can't quite do that. I've figured out that I can feed both girls at once by resting the bottle on a wadded up blanket. That's been a big help, but I feel a little guilty by not holding them while they're eating so I try to compensate by holding them at other times. They are awake at different times and that makes it easier to divide my time. I can hold them both at once, but it makes me a little nervous trying to pick up the second one.

Still don't have an airtight schedule, but I'm not worried about it. With so many different people helping me it's hard to enforce anyway; especially with hubby, who has no concept of time whatsoever. I try to feed around every 3 to 4 hours, but I usually wait until Savannah is hungry because Heather will eat whenever. They're getting sooooo big! They've outgrown their preemie clothes, but a lot of the newborn stuff still doesn't fit well. Savannah's really strong. She rolled over onto her side the day we brought her home, now she can get to her tummy. Last night, I swaddled her and laid her down parallel to Heather. I checked on her later and she had escaped her blanket and was lying perpendicular to Heather!

Tomorrow I'm staying at home instead of my in-laws where I've been since I got put on bedrest. I have a lot of cleaning to do (which I absolutely hate) and my MIL is going to be gone most of the day anyway, so if I'm going to be home alone anyway, I might as well be productive. I wont be completely flying solo though, my birth mom and little sister will be coming over since they keep their horses here now. But I think it should be fine, I'm more worried about the whole cleaning business, yech. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment