Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome to the herd

I've never done this blog thing before, so let's see how long I can keep it up. Let me start by introducing myself and my family:

I am 23 and am in my 24th week of pregnancy with twin girls. My husband is 41 and works on a farm, he's my cowboy. We have three children in our home; ages 11, 13 and 16. The two youngest are girls, the 13 year old is my husbands biological daughter while the other two are her siblings. They all call us "mom" and "dad" (it is a little awkward coming from someone 6 years younger, I admit) and we're all just one big huge happy hunky-dory family. Okay, not quite, we've only been married for 10 months today after dating for 14, and this is the first year the kids have lived away from their mom, so it's been quite the learning experience for all of us.

Having spent the past week reading mother-of-twin blogs, I am terrified. Before, I was worried about how uncomfortable my pregnancy might be, pre-term labor, not wanting a c-section. I realize now that it'll be over in 3 months (or less) but I'll have to spend the next 10+ years of two children being completely dependent on me for everything. Also, I'm just now starting on my baby registry on Babies R Us and it's so overwhelming....what could two tiny little people possibly need?

No comments:

Post a Comment